How to Fix Antimalware service executable windows 10, if you seen that the Antimalware service Executable process uses up high CPU on Windows 10, be assured. Many Windows 10 users also report this challenge. Most importantly, you may fix this issue yourself without asking an installer for help.
In this article, you’ll determine what Antimalware Service Executable exactly is solution to fix its high CPU usage issue.
What is Antimalware Service Executable?
You will know Windows Defender with your Windows, it’s an antivirus software build-in Windows 10. Antimalware Service Executable is among the background-running services in Windows Defender. It’s often known as MsMpEng.exe, you’ll find this about the Details tab inside your Task Manager.
Antimalware Service Executable is running to scan the malware and spyware while you access them. It’ll detects if there’s anything harmful. Besides, this also needs a background scan to your system for the viruses or worms. Its scanning depends upon your computer’s CPU, that’s the ways you find it’s eating the CPU usage on your Windows 10. Couldn’t we solve this issue to the safety in our windows 10? No, actually you may solve it. Move ahead your next part please.
How do I fix Antimalware service executable Windows 10?
Below covers 3 easy methods to try. Begin from the top list and work your way down.
Fix 1: Change Windows Defender’s schedule
This error is usually due to the real-time protection feature. And we can change the Defender’s current schedule when repairing Windows.
- In your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R on the sametime to invoke the Run box.
- Type taskschd.msc and press Enter.
- Double-click on Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows.
- Double-click Windows Defender in Windows. Then double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
- Uncheck Run with highest privileges.
- Uncheck every item from the Conditions section. Then click OK.
Using the above steps, your mistakes can be fixed now. If unfortunately it doesn’t works, please don’t be frustrated, try the next method.
Fix 2: Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list
- In your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I as well to open up the Settings windows.
- Click Update & security.
- Click Windows Defender. Then Click Add exceptions in the Exceptions.
- Click Exclude a.exe, .com or .scr process.
- Type MsMpEng.exe. Then click Ok.
Now you must added Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list. The error must be fixed right now.
Still Running Slow?
If, after using the above, your computer still is running slow, we strongly recommend one to update all of your available device drivers. The latest drivers will keep your laptop or computer running stable and quickly.
There two trusted ways for you to update your device drivers – manually or automatically.
Driver updates manually – You can update your device drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website, and searching for the right latest drivers for the right device. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your variant of Windows system versions.
Then driver will automatically update – If you do not have the time, patience, or computer skills to manually update the driver, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your devices, and your variant of Windows system, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Open Driver then run and press the move now button. Driver Easy will then scan and detect your computer’s drivers.
- Select the Update button near to any flagged device driver to automatically download and install the best version of that driver (this can be using the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the best version of all of the drivers which are missing or outdated in your system. (This involves the Pro version which will come with full support along with a 30-day cash back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade while you click Update All.)
- Restart your Computer.