Enable or Disable Control Panel and Windows 10 Setting Apps if you are using your computer in public places or if you share your computer using your friends you’ll need to disable CP (Control Panel) and setting app in Windows 10 to be able to protect your computer from the security issues. Also, it admin of big organization often disable the CP (Control Panel) and settings app to help protect their system from the wrong use. Windows 10 settings app and CP ( Control Panel) make a lots of setting including User Accounts, Privacy, Security Setting etc this means having it, use of your computer can adjust these setting.
That is why you should disable these function in Windows 10 and you will find two ways following that you can easily try this. So without wasting whenever helps learn how to allow or disable CP (Control Panel) and settings app by using the under detailed method Windows 10 Problems.
How to Enable or Disable Control Panel and Windows 10 Setting Apps
Method 1: Enable or Disable CP (Control Panel) and Windows 10 Settings app Using Registry Editor
- Press Windows Key + R then regedit thus hitting enter.
- Look at the following registry key: HEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Click Right in the Explorer and next choose New > DWORD 32 bit value.
- Name this new DWORD as NoControlPanel thus hitting Enter.
- Double click to the DWORD NoControlPanel adjust the value to one then click OK.
- Also, look at the following registry location and keep to the steps from three to five: HEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Close everything and reboot your computer just to save changes.
Following the reboot, you still manage to view the CP (Control Panel) and Setting App icon however if checking them you will note a problem message saying:
This operation may can be canceled because of restriction effectively with this computer, please get hold of your system administrator. In other words, you won’t manage to access CP (Control Panel) and Windows 10 setting app. If in the future you have to enable gets into something simply return these registry location, right click on NoControlPanel DWORD and choose Delete. This is the way to allow or disable CP (Control Panel) and Windows 10 setting app however if you are still unable to follow using this method, go to another one.
Method 2: Enable or Disable CP (Control Panle) and Windows 10 Settings Apps Using Group Policy Editor
Note: Using this method does not work with Windows 10 Home Edition users, using this method will simply work with Windows 10 Pro, Education, and Enterprise Edition.
- Press Windows Key + R then type gpedit.msc thus hitting Enter.
- Look at the following location: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > CP (Control Panel).
- Be sure to select CP (Control Panel) then from the right Window pane double click on “Prohibit use of CP (Control Panel) and PC settings” policy.
- Select “Enabled” under policy settings then click Apply and then OK. Note: This can disable CP (Control Panel) and Windows 10 settings.
- Reboot your computer just to save changes.
- After reboot, by trying to get into Setting app or CP (Control Panel) you will get the next message “This operation has become canceled because of restrictions effectively with this computer. Please get hold of your system administrator”. which put simply means access is denied.
If you want to enable CP (Control Panel) and settings app then simply just select “Not configured” or Disabled” inside “Prohibit use of CP (Control Panel) and PC settings” policy.
That’s it you might have successfully learned the way to Enable or Disable Control panel and Windows 10 Settings Apps however if you have any post with this tutorial then you can request from reviews section.