How To Fix System Restore Error Code 0x800700B7 like this? If Windows 10 you want to Backup and Restore then you may have encountered a “System Restore not completed successfully” error accomplished by error code 0x800700B7. You should know, error 0x800700B7 means an unspecified error has occurred that prevents the system restore program from running. It may be temporarily no specific cause of this error but may be caused due to antivirus software as opposed to the system, or corrupt registry entries or file system due to third-party software, viruses or malware etc. So, to save time, let’s take a look at how to fix a 0x800700B7 Error Recovery system with the help of the troubleshooting guide we’ll explain below.
System Restore Error Code 0x800700B7
System Restore is a tool used to restore Windows back to an earlier date or restore to factory setting. System Restore doesn’t forever or work for a few Windows users and displays an error message stating:”System Restore wasn’t completed with success”. The error message will include the code 0x800700B7.
A 0x800700B7 error may be caused by Antivirus software that interferes with System Restore or an incomplete software installation that leaves invalid registry entries. Windows may have some damaged system files that need fixing to resolve error 0x800700B7.
Method 1: Fix System Restore Error 0x800700B7 with Safe Mode
- Press Win key + R > type msconfig > click OK.
- Choose Boot Tab > check Safe Boot > click OK.
- Then Restart your PC and system will boot into Safe Mode Automatically.
- Then Press Win key + R > type sysdm.cpl > OK.
- Choose System Protection Tab > click System Restore.
- Click Next and select System Restore Point.
- Then follow all instruction to complete System Restore.
- Reboot, you may be able to fix System Restore Error 0x800700B7 in Windows 10.
Method 2: Repair System a Boot
If the first option does not work, try repairing the system at boot. For this purpose, we have set up additional guides that show how to fix the problem “System Restore did not complete successfully”.
- Open Start menu and hover your mouse pointer over the Power button.
- Select Restart. Press Shift key repeatedly during the startup.
- Select Advanced Options.
- Choose System Restore and leave the system to perform the Restore and Boot up completely.
We give two ways to solve the error 0x800700B7 problem when system restore and backup. Of us suggest using the first way and until now proven successful. If you experience any problems while trying the ways we provide please feel free to let us know through the comments or email fields. Thank you for visiting our website.