Want to Scan an Item Windows Defender? So, here are the two ways to do it. Microsoft security is one of the most trusted security all around. However, Windows Defender is one of the inbuilt tool and the best virus protection software presented by the Microsoft that protect you against virus and malware attacks. This official protection should be turned on when you buy a new computer or install Windows 10 for the first time, because windows defender is useful for protecting your PC. Windows defender is more powerful than other antivirus.
If you are using a different antivirus program then Windows Defender won’t turn on. The reason behind this is one PC cannot have multiple anti viruses running at the same time. If you are already using Windows Defender Antivirus as your antivirus program. Use the scan now feature in Microsoft Windows Defender Security Center to make sure that specific files or folders are safe. The scan will promptly notify you when a threat is found. Perform regular PC/laptop scans. Following how to scan using Windows Defender in Windows 10.
SCAN AN ITEM WINDOWS DEFENDER
Windows Defender updates itself regularly to protect your PC from the latest viruses and malware threats. Below is a screenshot of a healthy PC.
If you want to scan an item Windows Defender, you have to follow the below steps:
- To get started, select the Start menu button > Settings > Update & Security > then select Windows Defender Security Center > Virus & Threat Protection.
- To scan specific files or folders, select the ones you want from the file explorer.
- Press and hold (or right-click), and then select Scan with Windows Defender Antivirus Or
- Open Windows Defender Security Center > Virus & Threat Protection > Run a brand new advanced scan > custom scan > scan currently, so choose the file or folder that you just wish to scan AN item Windows Defender.
- Windows Defender Antivirus will then automatically turn ON. If you are running Windows 10 for Enterprise, turn on Windows Defender Antivirus by uninstalling all of your existing antivirus programs.
Remember you should periodically scan an items Windows Defender. Be careful in opening a website and at the time of download because there are so many links that there are many viruses and malware.
Also be careful with email attachments you receive from unknown senders. They may contain hidden malware. Share this article with your Facebook friends or your colleagues and help them fight online threats.